A/C not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C not working

I am an idiot when it comes to repairs, but I do not want to take it to a mechanic who will take me for all I am worth.

The fan on the front of my radiator quit on me. Is that why when I turn on the air conditioner, the idle does not change? It use to use more energy when I turned on the air conditioner. It worked when I drove it, then the next time I started the vehicle, it quit working.

It needs to be recharged I know that, but I do not want to recharge it until I can find out what is going on with the unit.

Please help

Your freon charge probably fell below the minimum ,, most A/C systems (I don't have a/c on my festy so I can't say for sure) have a low pressure cutoff to save the compressor in case of a leak ... you will need to have a mechanic check it ,, repair the leak and recharge..

Comment

now is that why my fan stopped working too???

Comment

air conditioning

my festivas air conditioning compressor would not turn on because the freon was low. i used a retrofit kit and converted it to the 134 freon and now it works. to me i converted it over in case there was a big leak i can put the cheap freon in instead of the expensive r12 and if it did leak i would not be out of alot of money.

Comment

Fixed

It was just low on freon I guess. Everything works now, thanks for everybody who helped me.

Comment

Working...
          X