Axle nut question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle nut question

i got all my aspire stuff from the junkyard and would like to put it on but I can't get new axle nuts before the weekend.

If I re-use the old axle nuts the worst that can happen is my axle shafts could slip out right? the wheels wont fall off. yeah yeah, i know bad practice to re-use those but doesn't seem like a disaster in this case since its a floating axle shaft.

thanks,
    dan

I reuse them if they are in good shape and not beat all to heck with no real way to create the depression that secures them.
    Changing hubs on a fester now.
    Likely going to swap the nuts to opposite sides so they do not lineup exactly where they were when I took them off.
    Will reiterate that new axle nuts are preferred, but careful selection and use of used one's can be done!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

thanks and now that I think about it I should have 4 to choose from since I took the 2 from the Aspire and I have the 2 from the festiva. Good suggestion on reversing them!

Comment

Where's my drill press, dag-nabbit?! I'm sick of those Beat Into Submission axle nutz!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

I always reuse them.

Comment

Working...
          X