high reving when put in reverse or forward in an automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high reving when put in reverse or forward in an automatic

this is a strange story but here it goes. about 3 times in the past year i start my car and put it in reverse the engines idle speed increases so much that i may throw a connecting rod. then it goes back down to normal idle speed.
    last weekend at a gas station people were staring at me like i was going to run someone down. i have two festivas a 1991 and a 1993 and the 1993 is the one that does it.

does your gas peddle go down? you may just randomly have a sticky pedal...goes down and sticks. or does the motor do it by itself?
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

believe it or not but my girlfriend, who drives a 1974 beetle, had her gas pedal stuck as she was coming out of the garage which is UP a hill, and she was revving revving revving, and let go of the clutch cause she didn't know what to do, she peeled out, going up the hill, whipped around once we got on the top, gas pedal still stuck in "pedal to the medal" position :shock: she turns, back tires still spinning, we start to fishtail (as im screaming CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH!) and then she clutched and turned off her car. She was freaking out, I was like woah, smoke, WOAH HUGE PATCH! WOW!!!! 31 year old car!!! SWEEEETTT!!!! (The car is also purple and orange might I add...)

So moral to the story, maybe your gas pedal is sticking...
      I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

sticking gad pedel

would it help to lubricate certain parts like throttle body or another part.

Comment

don't own an auto, so grain of salt and all that...

check your linkage for the transmission and makesure that it's not rubbing on anything.. then spray down all of your linkage with some carb cleaner and then lube.

Comment

my girlfriend has some excellent lube.

Comment

wow, that was one of the most immature and childish things I've ever said! LMFAO! 8)

Comment

Working...
              X