Brake And Fuel Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake And Fuel Lines

Hello to all. I am new to this forum so if I post something incorrectly I apologize and will try to learn my way around quickly. I just picked up a 91 Festiva GL. 109K, Auto, No A/C, no body rust, Runs Great ($600.00!!!!Score!!! ). During the Maine State Inspection it was noted that the fuel and brake lines may not make it through the winter. I am trying to find complete pre-formed brake and fuel line kits. Preferably stainless. I would like stainless braided hoses as well. This car will be slowly restored and upgraded and I figure that this is a good place to start. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Also interested in purchasing a complete stainless steel exhaust including Cat. Thanks.

Rich J
    Wells, Maine
    Last edited by Sturgn686; 07-04-2008, 02:26 AM.

Originally posted by Sturgn686 View Post
    Hello to all. I am new to this forum so if I post something incorrectly I apologize and will try to learn my way around quickly. I just picked up a 91 Festiva GL. 109K, Auto, No A/C, no body rust, Runs Great ($600.00!!!!Score!!! ). During the Maine State Inspection it was noted that the fuel and brake lines may not make it through the winter. I am trying to find complete pre-formed brake and fuel line kits. Preferably stainless. I would like stainless braided hoses as well. This car will be slowly restored and upgraded and I figure that this is a good place to start. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Also interested in purchasing a complete stainless steel exhaust including Cat. Thanks.

Rich J
    Wells, Maine
    I have a almost brand new full exhaust system. I'm putting on the FMS exhaust that I received. Shipping would probably be expensive though. I paid $500 installed for it. I would sell it for $250.

Comment

Exhaust System

If you can give me a rough idea of what the package size and weight would be I'll get a few quotes (UPS, Fedex, etc.) and will let you know. Also, if you have any pics of the system could you e-mail them to me? Thanks so much for the speedy reply.

Rich Johnson
      Wells, ME
      rjohns1@maine.rr.com

Comment

Exhaust System

I check with UPS and got a quote based on 60lbs and 48" x 24" x 24". The price was $138.00 I priced a non stainless exhaust and the parts came to $240.00. If it is a stainless exhaust I'll take it. Even with the shipping it is still a bargain. Contact me via e-mail so we can work out the details.

Thanks so much.

Rich Johnson
        Wells, Maine

rjohns1@maine.rr.com

Comment

stainless tubing

I would like to know what I would need to purchase to replace all of my brake lines.
          What size fittings and how many of each. I am also looking for some annealed stainless brake tubing so that i can get away with a single flare. Any ideas who sells this at a reasonable price? While attempting to put on a set of stainless flex lines at each corner, the unions were so rusted, that despite having the proper mini square vice grips, the tubing would start to twist.

Comment

Look in www.ag384bn.bravehost.com/braketip.htm
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

^ Good article
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
              X