Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My car discontinuously loses power during acceleration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My car discontinuously loses power during acceleration.

car loses power at some points during the acceleration. they have about 1 second gap for 4 or 5 times. I think it's engine electric problem. is it possible one of the cylinder miss fire?

Thank you for your help in advance.

After the mis-fire, does it recover?

Vacuum leak....Hose off or cracked

Bad Timing...Loose distributor or timing belt/tensioner on its way out.

Bad Ignition component...check for corrossion at towers on the coil, dist towers, rotor and cap.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

My car does that also sometimes. It started doing it after I had the dealer adjust my carb and ignition timing. It seems to do it at a certain throttle position on mine and bucks or misses really bad. If I let off the throttle or push it in further it quits. It kinda feels like the clutch slipping or something but it's not. Does that sound like what yours it doing? I think maybe they didn't set my ignition timing right.
      ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

i konow it sounds stupid but is your gas tank almost empty? that is how i tell how much gas i have left, i floor it in 1st and if it bucks back and forth i have about ten min. of driving left... it sound ridiculous but if you are low on gas it dose that.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Thank you guys. So far, it seems only because low patrol in the tank. it was first time that kind of lossing power. It makes me feel a bit worry about my fuel pump, because it seems to have problem during the long drive (1.5hrs). my aspire use to lose power much worse. it shakes much worse than today. it always happens under high gear low speed condition. most likely at third about 1500rpm. I wanted to replace the ignition leads.

Comment

Working...
          X