Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown electrical connectors

Hi folks,

Recently I've changed the front brake pads, and soon after I heard a clickety clack noise at the front. Thought I'd screwed up the installation but after some inspection it was something simpler.

It turns out there were two disconnected wires and connectors dangling behind the engine and slapping against the half-shaft. I have no idea where these connectors (female) go, and to make matters worse the male part is still stuck in them and was ripped from wherever the wires ended....

Rather unlike the usual auto connectors these are round cross section, and the male can rotate in the female. Both seem to be made for more current than the typical sensor. From the oil and caked dirt they seem to have been dangling for quite a long time.

Does anyone have any idea where they go and what they do? Even nicer would be a list of what connectors live in the area under the intake manifold... there are two other unplugged ones down there (but at least they have no pieces of metal broken off in them).

Thanks in advance,
    Nath

PS: wire colours SEEM to be red with a black band and black with a red band - "SEEM" is the keyword.

Oh, and the car is a carbed 1990 Mazda 121 8-valve
    Last edited by nxp; 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM. Reason: Omitted car details
Working...
X