Water Pump Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Issues

During the timing belt change on a 91' GL I also changed the water pump. The gasket set came with an o-ring that I could not find on the old pump or the coolant outlet connection. Since these types of parts usually have more than one application I am assuming this o-ring is intended for a different vehicle. I do not want to install the new pump without checking to make sure first. Also, my wife has 'hidden' (ie: misplaced) our digital camera. I tried using my cell phone camera but the picture quality is poor. After I finish putting the car back together I will locate the camera and post some pics.

Thanks,

Rich Johnson
    Wells, Maine

I think the O-ring goes on the metal pipe that slides into the other metal pipe on the front of the engine by #1 cylinder.

Comment

yes that is correct,the 2 pipes slide together,its right under the header towards the #1 cylinder

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm pretty sure I understand seal placements but just to be safe I have attached a file to this post which diagrams my current understanding of gasket and o-ring placement. It is a jpg file. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Rich Johnson
        Wells, Maine

Comment

there is another pipe that runs across the front of the block. that just slides in and out. the o ring goes on that. il go get a picture.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Comment

Thank you Seth, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. To be honest I never even noticed that small tap off of the main line. Thanks so much for the help it is much appreciated.

Rich Johnson
                Wells, Maine

Comment

no problem

Comment

Working...
                  X