Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combination switch help

Hello,

Not sure How to say this, I got a 1988 Festiva, and the high beam has never worked as it should. If you pull the stick, the high beam will flash and the dash will show a blue indicator but if you push the stick it does nothing, not even turn on the blue indicator on the dash.

Tried to buy a diagram but they don sell to international customers using paypal

this is the switch I'm talking about (reference photo stole it from the forum) I would like to know if anybody has the wiring diagram for the 88 festiva.

Thanks!

I have one at the shop but its not for sale ( using it to wire my 88 ) I can give you any info or scan sections of it for you. Do you want the area under the dash or hood?
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

i would assume you'd just need to replace the stalk, if you have a spare one, try replacing it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
        I have one at the shop but its not for sale ( using it to wire my 88 ) I can give you any info or scan sections of it for you. Do you want the area under the dash or hood?
        I need the under the dash section, it will be of great help.

Thanks!

Comment

I'd try spraying contact cleaner in at the base of the stick.

Wiring diagram in Haynes manual, page 12-28, 1988-89 models
          red wire is power
          red/blue wire is high beam
          red/white wire is low beam
          red/white wire under dash is high beam indicator light
          (that last one might be a misprint, should be red/blue?)
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

When pushed forward...does the stalk click into position? If not,,,the guts are probalbly messed up. If you want...the case can be snapped open...caution...lots of little parts.
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

seems like it should be working.... I'll try opening it. It is very difficult to find a replacement down here....

Comment

Working...
              X