Inertia Switch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inertia Switch Question

So I'm planning on replacing my fuel filter, I grab a flash light (underground parking). - Flash light is dead...:angryfire:

I want to depressurize the fuel system by unplugging the intertia switch and starting the car until it stops.

The problem is with the lack of a rear hatch light and the lack of light in general I can't see if I can unplug the switch by removing the driver's side tail light access panel - can anyone tell me if this is possible... I really don't feel like removing the whole rear trim panel to kill the switch.
    1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Disconnect the fuel pump to depressurize the system. Might be easier.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

well I was thinking of just pulling the hoses off of the filter without doing anything - I figure a little gas on the hands just proves I'm a real man! <--- J/K

Isn't there also a schrader valve or test port on the fuel rail? Could I just bleed that off? Sorry I'm haynesless... wait .... that doesn't sound right - I AM wearing underwear
      1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

You will get more than a little gas on your hands. Be careful not to touch the postive battery post with the pliers removing the hose clamps. You'll be rolling on the ground while your festiva burns. Disconnecting the fuel pump isnt that hard. Its under the carpet under the rear seat.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

thanks for the battery heads up I appreciate your concern
          1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

Working...
          X