Electrical- One dim headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical- One dim headlight

A guy motioned to me this morning and said my drivers headlight was out. I checked it when I parked and found that it is just very dim. The bulbs are fairly new and the passenger side is fine. I am guessing that it is a voltage issue, but why just one light?

Not sure if it is related, but my tach started jumping around at low rpm's about a month ago... Do these alternators have an internal regulator?
    Brent
    '88 Festiva LX

I had a similar problem with how I had my fan wired up, so I replaced the wires with 10 gauge wire, which gave it less resistance in the circuit and that solved my jumpy tach. did you swap out the stereo or something recently?
    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

check the ground wires. if each headlight has its own ground theres a good chance that is the problem

Comment

im having a similar problem, my pass. side headlight doesnt work on low beam but it works fine on high. i changed the bulbs and still have the same problem.
        87 rx7
        92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
        94 caddi deville
        99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

barno 68. Probable cause......bad ground.
          rancheeto. Probable cause.....broken wire.

Comment

Swap the bulbs....left to right....see if the problem follows the bulb.
            While your at it....check the contact at the connector for corrossion.
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
              barno 68. Probable cause......bad ground.
              rancheeto. Probable cause.....broken wire.
              thats what i was thinkin, just no time to check.
              thanks
              87 rx7
              92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
              94 caddi deville
              99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

I have not done anything recently to the car. Yesterday I tried to swap the bulbs, but could not get the passenger side to release and did not have time to play with it. The connector on the drivers side is clean though.

Grounding sounds most likely to be the issue, any idea where the headlight ground is terminated?
                Brent
                '88 Festiva LX

Comment

Working...
                X