Headlight Adjustment Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Adjustment Specs

I might have overlooked it but I was needing to know the headlight adjustment specs for my festy...Its still got the 12's on it & I know the car is supposed to be 25ft from a wall...but does anyone know how far up from the ground the middle of the headlights are to be & where bouts from side to side....Thanks everyone :-)

ok, i got my manuel out so im gunna type as much as i can. i need to do this too, so maybe i'll figure it out in the process.
    87 rx7
    92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
    94 caddi deville
    99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

1.position masking tape vertically on the wall in reference to the vehicle centerline and the centerlines of both headlights.(position tape with the car only a few inches from the wall)
      2.position a horizontal tape line in reference to the center of all the headlights.
      3.adjustment made with car 25 ft from wall, sitting level, half tank of gas, and no unusually heavy load.
      4.starting with the low beam adjustment, position the high intensity zone so it is 2 inches below the horizontal line, and 2 inches to the right of the headlight vertical line. (adjust as needed)
      5.with the high beams on, the high intesity zone should be vertically centered with the exact center just below the horizontal line.(it may not be possible to position the headlight aim exactly for both high and low. if you must compromise go with the low since you use them more often.)

i'll try to get a pic of how the wall lay out should look like.
      87 rx7
      92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
      94 caddi deville

i need more festies.

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

that should do it.
        87 rx7
        94 caddi deville

i need more festies.

Comment

Good stuff here
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
          X