A/C compressor mounting bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C compressor mounting bracket

I'm replacing my AC compressor. When I removed the old one I noticed the mounting bracket has only a half-hole tab on the timing belt end of the engine and a full hole in the tab with a bushing in it, at the flywheel end of the engine. It doesn't appear to be broken but It has me wondering. Anybody see the same or is it broken?

The AC must ad quite a bit of weight to the car in front of the axle line. The Compressor, the heavy bracket and the idler pulley with bracket is a bucket full.

Thanks in advance.
    CZ

Hey Charlie, I believe mine was the same way when I remove it from the car. I think they are supposed to be that way. I'll let some of the other guys chime in, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Mine is the same way on my 1989.
      1960 willys pickup
      1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
      1989 festiva
      1990 festiva for parts
      1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

wrestler3025 and worfdog - Thanks for the info. One advantage to the half hole is that you can support the weight of the compressor on the front bolt while installing the other bolt.
        CZ

Comment

that is a good photo. can you tell if it a dealer instaled air or factory air from that photo?

Comment

Sure can. Yes that is a good pic. That would be factory air.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
            X