#2 missing at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 missing at idle

i got a 92 L 5spd, i had the fuel injector of this cylinder replaced, the plug wire, its a new distributor cap, and new spark plug. it feels like its all 4 when im going, but it misses at idle and makes it rough.
    Any idea's/comments on what could cause it? If it helps the compression of that one cylinder was 145.
    Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

have you checked all cylinders? did you change all the plug wires or just the one? is it possible that you have a second faulty injector causing the miss?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Some typical problems could be:

Check the VAF for a loose or dirty connector; also, and all of the ducts from the VAF to the throtle body.

Check for corrossion on the hi tension wire from the coil tot he center tower of the dist cap; specifically the tower at the coil.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

ty will do
        Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

Working...
        X