Ignition switch help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition switch help

Okay people this is what's up. When I bought my festiva it had no Key's so my brother took apart the steering column to allow for the wheels to turn freely :? , as part of this procedure he took the Ignition switch off and allowed it to hang free so over time the two wire's soldered to it, one green and the other red I think, came off and now that I've got the key for it I need to solder them back but the thing is I'm not sure which wire goes to which side. I think they are for the horn. Can anyone help me with this dilemma?Thanks :wink:
    keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

get a pair of gator clips...clip the wires to what you want to test...if it turns over and starts than solder them in according to where you cliped them togather. if not...switch the wire location and try again. trial and error
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

Thanks, the reason I think the two wires are for the horn is because I touched them both to metal by accident and the horn sounded and staid on till I touched them again.

Comment

This post is kind of old but I'm happy to say that I've fixed the problem but I've yet to test it because I need a new battery .

Comment

After putting my power mirrors on, I tested everything and all was good sept for the hazard light. It didn't work so I checked the fuse box and found that the fuse was bad, so I put in a new one and the horn sounded :shock: or at least I think it was the horn :?. But any who it wouldn't stop so I pulled the fuse back out, so now I gots to figure out why it's happening and fix it any help would be appreciated. My cars a 1989 Festiva L with rear defroster. Do you guys know if the hazard light and the horn are on the same circuit?Thanks
          -Bizarre-

Comment

I think I know what read and green wires your talking about. I accidentally knocked them loose on my car last night. They are for the interior buzzer. I cant figure out where they go again either. If you have figured it out let me know or if I get it today ill let ya know
            Paul
            91GL
            Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

If they are soldered on you've found them. I just looked at the shape the solder left on the Little tongs and matched them up and had my brother solder them back. I think somethings wrong though but I don't care cause I'm getting the whole ignition cylinder with the set of locks I'm getting from the junk yard.
              -Bizarre-

Comment

Working...
              X