Cooling Fan Relay Part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fan Relay Part #

Does anyone know if Ford still sells the cooling fan relay for a 93 EFI Festiva?

I called two different Ford dealers (Canada) both told me that Ford does not carry them anymore. The latter one I tried said to try a Mazda dealer and give them PN#: H312-67740

I mostly just wanted to know how much the stealerships were asking for these before I start doing the JY crawl.

I can't help but feel that I'm getting the runaround by Ford.

Anyways anybody who could shed some light on this, I'd much appreciate it! Thanks
    1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

If I remember right, I also tried to find one a couple years ago. Mine stuck in the "on" position and the fan ran all the time. I don't think Ford offered them anymore. At first I thought the fan temp sensor was bad. Ford did not offer them anymore either. I got one at Autozone (temp sensor) for a Mazda 323/Protege but it was opposite in function (normally open vs. normally closed). You may be able to use a Mazda relay in conjunction with a Mazda sensor. I just used an aftermarket relay and switch made for an aux. electric fan kit. Now I found an NOS relay and sensor on ebay, so it's back to original!

Check the wiring diagram in a Haynes manual. You should be able to use almost any relay as long as it's the proper design.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

turqfest,

Got a pic of the relay?
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Yeah I can get one later tonight - I'll post as soon as I do
        1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

just remember that, by US law, a vehicle manufacturer is only required to support the product for 7 years. I believe Canada follows suit.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            turqfest,

Got a pic of the relay?
            Here it is... WARNING this is a terrible shot. Let me know if you need a better one!
            1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

here's the bottom view:
              1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

Hey turqfest, I recently had to get a headlight relay for my B6, and they didn't even list them at the auto parts store. I finally found out that some of the newer model, probes, sephias, proteges 626's, 323's and a few others have the same relay. They were asking $20-$30 for the one relay. I went to the junkyard and it was much cheaper. Just take the relay with you to the salvage yard and match it up to the Mazdas there. It will save you quite a few dollars. While you are there pick up some extras just in case.
                90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
                92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
                94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
                94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                  just remember that, by US law, a vehicle manufacturer is only required to support the product for 7 years. I believe Canada follows suit.
                  i beleive its the same here, 7 years

turqfest - let me see if my parts car still has the relay on it, if it does you can have it for the price of shipping

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

We had this discussion a while back in a similar post. Any decent technician should be able to purchase a generic automotive relay and replace the factory unit. In the Festive circuit, the relay contacts are wired N.C. (normally closed)....meaning....the temp switch energizes the relay coil to to keep the fan motor off....it's a fail safe thing.
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      i beleive its the same here, 7 years

turqfest - let me see if my parts car still has the relay on it, if it does you can have it for the price of shipping
                      okay thanks that sounds beyond great! Thank you so much for your generous offer! Let me know
                      1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

I posted a question about my horn relay on the rec.autos.tech newsgroup years ago and got the same advice, pick up a standard Bosch relay which has the same specs.
                        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

My fan wires broke and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I just bypassed the relay and sensor and put a fused wire going to my battery which leads to a switch I put by the steering wheel...(I bypassed the whole thing and put a manual switch in it) just remember to use at least a 10 gauge wire and a 30amp fuse, otherwise you are prone to melting wires(I may or may not know this from experience...)
                          89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Working...
                          X