3 Sp auto transaxle replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Sp auto transaxle replacement

My old stock 1989 festiva auto 3 sp is broke and one of axle is ruined.

So here the questions:

1. Can I use aspire auto axles in festiva?

2. Is there any different stock festiva auto and stock aspire auto?

I only have heard aspire auto have locking torque converter and while festiva auto don't?

Thanks for your help.

The final drive ratio is different to.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

ratio differance?, sorry, what would that be?
      you want to blend in?, drive a honda
      92l festy car, original owner.
      2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
      1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

May be of interest. Found this write-up that indicates there was a change in 97 of Aspire auto final drive ratio.
        "The styling of the entry-level Aspire has been updated for 1997. The front end receives a new bumper and an oval-shaped grille. The rear has been enhanced with a new bumper and taillight lens treatment. The final drive ratio on the optional automatic has been changed from 3.63 to 3.4."

Comment

I'll have to check my Aspire sale pamphlets to see if there was an MPG change for the '97s. They may not mention it, as some don't list mpgs.

Anyone know offhand what the Festiva final drive ratio is on autos? I think it's around 2.99 or 3.1.

So the '94 through '96 Aspire auto transaxles will give best acceleration from a stop, while the '97 may improve fuel economy slightly (at least on the freeway).

I'm now thinking I should consider that '97 Aspire auto transaxle instead of a 5 speed. I kinda like my auto driving, coffee in hand, as I drive from clocking in to my post at work. Easier swap, too. I need a younger transaxle in any case. I'm running the original on Luxstiva (over 220K miles now).

Thanks for the info, Charlie!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Ahh never know about different 94 to 96 and between 97 Aspire,

I did notice other 323 Mazda do have 4 speed auto but anyone have tried to installed in festiva? I don't think it would a direct drop in but could be done by custom work with mounts?

Mercury Capri automatic do have 4 speed too and seem same with 323 Mazda transaxle?

Comment

Working...
            X