Need help with lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with lights

I need some help with the lights on my Aspire. What's the deal with the front parking lights? They don't exist on an Aspire? I took the bulb out of the driver's side light and it's just a single filament bulb. So that means it's just a turn signal bulb. What about the parking lights? The socket only had one contact spot. So unless someone put different sockets in, they don't have front parking lights. Weird... And about those small side marker lights, are all 4 of the side marker lights supposed to have bulbs? My front left has a socket for some type of bulb, but there's no bulb, front right doesn't even have the bulb socket and neither do the rear ones. What the hell??? Lastly, how do you get the reverse lights out? I removed the 2 screws in the taillight housing but it won't come out so I removed the plastic covers inside the trunk area and that didn't help any. Argh!!

Re: Need help with lights

Originally posted by Infinitrium
    I need some help with the lights on my Aspire. What's the deal with the front parking lights? They don't exist on an Aspire? I took the bulb out of the driver's side light and it's just a single filament bulb. So that means it's just a turn signal bulb. What about the parking lights? The socket only had one contact spot. So unless someone put different sockets in, they don't have front parking lights. Weird... And about those small side marker lights, are all 4 of the side marker lights supposed to have bulbs? My front left has a socket for some type of bulb, but there's no bulb, front right doesn't even have the bulb socket and neither do the rear ones. What the hell??? Lastly, how do you get the reverse lights out? I removed the 2 screws in the taillight housing but it won't come out so I removed the plastic covers inside the trunk area and that didn't help any. Argh!!
    I was going to post a WTF but searched first and found your post.

Just this morning I did a "walk around" to check all my lights and noticed that it looked like the headlights were on when only the parking lights should be on. Then I noticed that it was not the actual headlights, but rather another bulb inside the headlight lens (and the amber/turn signal is out which you would think should be on). Anyway, the white bulb it is not the headlight, but rather another bulb towards the middle of the car, but still inside the headlight lens. With the "parking lights" on, it almost looks like DDL's.

I thought that all vehicles had to have an amber front parking light? So WTF!!! :scratch:
    97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
    97 Ford Aspire (Wanting 40 + mpg!!)
    95 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (For Sale)
    94 Ford T'Bird LX 4.6L
    73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V
    69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
    76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine

Comment

Working...
    X