carb and air tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb and air tubes

sorry i dont know the proper term for the hoses that go from and to the carb and i cant decode the sticker that tells you how to hook them up thats under the hood and hanes maunal dosnt help at all basicly I have to pull out the carb get it cleaned then install back in and hook up the hoses I have no clue and my boy thats been hellping me with the car dosnt know ether if someone could come out or draw a useable diagram i will pay

there's been one posted in a stickie somewhere in here, i'll see if i can find the link...

here it is http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14073

and there's a colored version somewhere else but i can't find it at the moment
    Last edited by FestYboy; 09-06-2008, 10:50 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Here's one I had saved - I think it was posted on the old board.

Maybe a little harder to follow, but it has the colors of the vac lines on it

(I attached it - I hope it works!)

Comment

^^ that's the one!!
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Put some masking tape around each hose with a number on it. As the hose is removed put a piece of masking tape on the nipple with the same number on it. It also helps to draw diagrams showing the relative positions of the nipples on the carburettor in case the masking tape comes off. The hoses are mostly colour coded so that can be written on the diagrams too.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

thanks guys but do i need all this stuff hooked up would it be easyer to put a more simple carb on it or should i have it rebuilt it a shop

Comment

If you just want to clean the carb have you tried spraying with carb cleaner? You warm up the engine then spray the stuff into the top while reving the engine by pulling on the accelerator cable where it's attached to the carb. Then you spray the linakges on the exterior of the carb. I do it once a year or so on my low milage '89.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

ya i took it off the floater thing was stuck so i clean that put it back on the car the resavor is now felling up but the carb was still not getting gas to the engine so i took it to a shop to have um rebuild it

Comment

Working...
                X