Stiff Shifter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff Shifter.

I just finished putting the manual trans back in our Festi and now the shifter is very stiff to move. It takes a lot of effort to move in and out of gear.

Anyone had this problem or have ideas? The trans put in was the same that was taken out and it did not have this issue before.

Thanks
    J
    Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

sounds like your over-tightened a linkage bolt, either the one near the trans or the one at the bottom of the shifter. if you over-tighten them you can cause them to seize up.
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I'll check the one at the trans.... it was stiff to get in... maybe I need to pull it back out and lube it up.
      Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Make sure you have the correct bolt in the linkage. The bolt should have threads that are a smaller diameter than the bolt. This gives the bolt a shoulder to tighten against and you can't over tighten it.
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
          Make sure you have the correct bolt in the linkage. The bolt should have threads that are a smaller diameter than the bolt. This gives the bolt a shoulder to tighten against and you can't over tighten it.
          Yeah that's the bolt I installed... it was just hard to install... Im guessing its just binding up.

Comment

Working...
          X