Siezd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siezd

I have a 93 festy and the engine is siezed is it worth taking apart and see whats up do you think it would be fixable????:confused2:
    Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

sounds like time for a rebuild with a chance to go .020" over and port the head for a bit more power
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

more info please.....what led up to the engine siezing? What was it doing just before? ect...
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

not sure what happened just bought it that way but no oil on dipstick.

Comment

maybe its siezed cause theres no oil......

Comment

Maybe there was oil and it ran out that new, fist sized hole in the pan.
            Last edited by Mike McKown; 09-11-2008, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a nice time for a B6 swap to me.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

My personal experience is that the head is more likely to sieze than the block, but first things first...
                1. Make sure the starter is correct for your car. They are not all interchangable and putting in the wrong one could lock up the block.
                2. Remove the spark plugs and the timing cover. Look for obvious signs of damage - bent sparkplug tips, broken timing belt, damaged pistons (using a flashlight).
                3. Take off the valve cover and look for obvious problems there.

If no obvious problems exist then it is time to try to turn the engine over by hand ... using a socket and breaker bar on the camshaft or crank bolt. If that does not work then my next step would be to pull the head off and take a closer look at the valvetrain and pistons. This should yield fairly conclusive info about what the problem is.

good luck!
                I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

If the question is rebuild or swap.....might as well take it a part in place...the engine has to come out in either case.
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

no holes in block or pan put a breaker bar on crank pulley solid asa rock timing belt undone. im thinking crank or piston. will disassemble and take a look. but i think it is time for a bp just dont like cutting on the body.

Comment

if you use a g series tranny you only have to notch the drivers side frame rail
                      Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                      88? Parts car-sold
                      91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                      86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                      1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

bang it with a hammer, my parents have known mechanics who could take a rusty motor out of a field, bang it in the right places and get it running. Worth a shot... i'd hit it, seized anyways
                        Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

Working...
                        X