Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much is a Re-Built B-3 engine Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much is a Re-Built B-3 engine Worth?

It is going to cost about $600 for the parts to re-build the B-3 engine from my 93 Festiva.

This in more then I was willing to spend so I'm think that I might part out my car and if I do I would want to sell the engine.

So should I have it re-built, set it in my car and break it by letting it run in my driveway and then try to sell it?

If so what would it be worth, it will have new pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets and a rebuilt head?

OR

should I try to sell it as parts - block, re-built head, etc?

not really worth it. I think the most I've seen for a b3 was $300 and that one had 50k miles on it.

You could probably get $100-200 out of the core if you call around.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

You could get a B6 way cheapo than 600 bucks. Plus it's a drop in motor. Better of getting a B6 from a wrecked 323.

Comment

Yeah I would definitely say jus get a B6 instead of rebuilding that engine. You would have a direct bolt in engine, you could find one at a junkyard for cheap, and you would have a little extra kick in horsepower.
        OG Status

Comment

Well I didn't really ask for alternative solutions to my engine issue, I just what a fully re-built engine would be worth.

I have posted in a couple threads that in my geographical location, the average B-6 engine sells for $600+ dollars and normally they have high mileage.

Plus they are not what I consider a "drop in" engine since you have to find the right version and move your battery to the trunk.

Considering that a reman B-3 engine fro Autozone is $1600 I would think mine would be worth a little more then $300.

Comment

Originally posted by Boba Debt
            Well I didn't really ask for alternative solutions to my engine issue, I just what a fully re-built engine would be worth.

I have posted in a couple threads that in my geographical location, the average B-6 engine sells for $600+ dollars and normally they have high mileage.

Plus they are not what I consider a "drop in" engine since you have to find the right version and move your battery to the trunk.

Considering that a reman B-3 engine fro Autozone is $1600 I would think mine would be worth a little more then $300.
            Dude, no need to get rude, we know you didnt ask for alternative solutions but we are just trying to give you the best solution to your problem. You can find b6 engines under 60k miles for $600 bucks from places on the net. And you do not need to relocate anything. It is just literally a drop in engine. The same external size, everything is the same except the bore of the engine. I havedone this swap before so I know. I have dont the B6T swap also, that requires to move the battery to the back.
            OG Status

Comment

To answer your question..

1. A re-built B3 won't sell for what you paid for it.. if it does, consider yourself damn lucky.

2. Most people that have the internet and are looking for a B3 end up here and find out how cheap and easy a B6 swap is.

3. The B6 IS a direct bolt in. I have done it and so have many others. B6 (SOHC) NOT B6T or B6D.. (DOHC)

4. You don't have to move the battery. Unless you use the newer model engine that has a different intake.

5. Most people paid less than what you would be asking for their whole Festiva. 500.00 or less.

I've picked up a custom race built B3 that has around 100hp for 200.00 with less than 12,000 miles on it.. a brand new factory crate B6 for less than 500.00 and 8 complete running Festivas and only 1 was over 300.00

If I can find deals like this on the net, I'm sure others can too..

Comment

DJ I am begining to think u r an addict. 8 of them eh?!?

Comment

yeah I've given a few away after I grabbed what I wanted from them.. 2 went to the jy after I stripped them down.. but they all ran when I got them... 1 even competed with Jim for Mosquito kills...

Comment

Working...
                  X