darn festie stalls at stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn festie stalls at stops

my 92 festie has 2 problems ,the first is the stalling at stops and when cold .the major head ache there is it wont restart for about 15-20 minutes. the engine cranks normally hiccups like it wants to run then in time it does i do notice a raw fuel smell but find no leaks .second other problem,after it is at n.o.t it stumbles on initial shift change in 1-4 gears

thank you

darryl kerbuski
    workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

well the owner needs to post in the right section.

Comment

FESTIE STILL NEEDS HELP

I MADE IT INTO THE REPAIR FORUM THANKS FOR THE HELP NOW IT WOULD A WONDERFUL THING TO RECEIVE ANY INPUT FROM THOSE THAT KNOW THESE WAY COOL LITTLNESS

BEST REGARDS

DARRYL

Comment

o2 sensor, pull ur plugs out and see how they look. the color of the plugs tell u how it is running. do that and report back and I will help u furthur. if it doesn't show any thing ( a chocolate brown) let it warm up take it out and like a block length floor it, push the clutch in while turning it off. Then recheck the plugs after it has coasted to ur house. That is an old racers trick hold it on thr floor on the back stretch and shut her down and coast into the pits. It gives u a better idea on how it is running.

Comment

festie stalls

Thanks for the info roger/wilco.what about the 02sensor?

Comment

it might be bad. if you are smelling fuel and it is not leaking either the o2 sensor is adding to much fuel, or it is not properly burning it. low compression, broke valve, fouled/non-fireing plug.

Comment

Working...
            X