rear brake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brake swap

there is a guy local that supposed to have a aspire swap but he don't have the rear axle just the hubs and drums , but everything for the front minus tie rod ends , anyway will the hubs and drums go on my festiva axle ?? and do i need new struts to ?? i gonna get this for $125 is that to much any pics could probably help , thank all you for all your help , it's much appreciated

The hubs (spindle) will not bolt up to the Festiva axle. The bolt pattern of the 4 bolts is different. You can use your struts unless they are worn out. The Aspire front struts have slightly more resistance (stiffer) and the rear (usually) have a slightly higher spring perch, but your Festiva's will work. $125.00 sounds reasonable to me.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Your gonna need that rear beam and some 4x100 wheels. Might as well change the front pads while your at it. 125 is very reasonable for loaded spindles/calipers/pads. I'm getting ready to buy another aspire swap for 130 myself.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

According to car-part.com the junkyard down the road from me has an aspire rear axle assembly for $125. Probably includes the brake hardware. I think Im gonna get that when Im ready to swap.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
        X