Aspire ATX gear ratio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire ATX gear ratio question

I was googling Aspire reviews to pass the time, and I came across one particular review at cars.com . Reading through the specs they had listed, they say the final drive ratio for the Aspire's auto tranny is 3.45? I know from reading here that the Aspire 5 speed final drive is 4.06 but I haven't been able to find a post on the final drive ratio for the ATX. 3.45 would kinda make sense, when I was bringing it home, my mother had to drive it most of the way, and she told me the tach was roughly at 3100 at 60 mph, and if you do some calculations, that equates to a final drive of 3.45 . Someone set me straight!

I also posted this question last night at the Yahoo! festiva group, and Burgess Howell had this to say:

"The specs I have for the '97 Aspire ATX say 3.63:1 final drive
    ratio. Somewhere I have a reference that agrees with your value of 3.45
    for the earlier Aspire ATX models."

I feel better knowing I won't be revving the piss out of my engine keeping up with traffic that routinely does 75 mph or more on the highways around here. Oh yeah, I also found a review at cars.com that says the Aspire's torque converter has a lockup feature. Click this link in Internet Explorer only (doesn't seem to work with Firefox) and pay attention to the 6th paragraph. It's a nice informative review.

edit Have patience, the link doesn't seem to work too well with IE either. Maybe the cars.com website is really slow or laggy or something.

Comment

Working...
    X