323 tranny ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323 tranny ?

Has anyone ever used a mazda 323 five speed in a festiva. May be a dumb question ( wont be my first ) as I never paid much attention to 323 trannys. But I was thinking since the B6 bolts up to the festiva tranny could a person use a 323 tranny in a festiva w/o a lot of modding. Didnt the 86-89 323 have the same tranny as a festiva ? Is there a difference in axles, spline count or steering hubs ?
    Last edited by freshtiva; 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

It should bolt up, I wonder though if the axles are a different length or diameter. But if we can use the manual, maybe we could use the automatic too isn't it a 4 spd?

Comment

Well, I am pretty sure that the tranny in my 89' 323 GT is a G5MR, but I'm no genius.
      2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
      1991 Ford Festiva LX
      1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Originally posted by EightZero View Post
        Well, I am pretty sure that the tranny in my 89' 323 GT is a G5MR, but I'm no genius.
        you are right but the tranny Fresh is talking about is the F-series tranny (which came in the SOHC B6, 86-89 323's), which i have installed in my BP car

the F trans is almost identical looking to the G trans but i doesn't use an intermediate shaft so axles are easy to find, and making the mounts is pretty much the same as installing a G trans

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
        X