No announcement yet.

Are all B3 blocks 1988 - 1993 the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all B3 blocks 1988 - 1993 the same?

I am pretty sure I blew my motor in my 1988 Festiva and I am looking for a cheap replacement. I know of six fuel injected B3s for reasonable prices but I need to know if I can put all the carbed parts on the fuel injected block. Please help!!!!

to my knowledge, the only thing that really changed was the diameter of the crank snout, so you have to use the appropriate pulleys on the engine and accessories. Other than that, you're good to go. I've put Aspire engines in carbed Festies before.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Thanks, that takes a huge load of my mind. I have to get this thing back on the road afford-ably and I don't have time to wait for a carbed model in the wrecking yards.

Comment

That crank snout issue can be a pita. I put a 91 festiva b3 in my aspire and I have yet to figure out the ac. I may have to put a festiva compressor on it. But if you have no ac just get the alternator and should be good. You have a 88 though in reading back, in otherwords you have a mechnical fuel pump, my 94 block had the plate but I don't think it had the lobe on the cam, you may be stuck with a 88-93 b3.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

just swap the cam and rockers...
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Would it be worth the time to convert everything over to fuel injection and just put the newer motor in? If so, what all would I need off of the fuel injected car? Wiring harness, pump, tank, lines, etc? Please let me know... Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X