New Lifters? 95 Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lifters? 95 Aspire

Just Got 95 Aspire Replaced 1/2 Axles, PVC Valve and Did a oil Change.
    Started Ticking. Checked lifters. Mostly stuck. What to just replace them. Were Do I Get parts (Lifters)
    95 aspire 5 speed

Found them

lincoln mercury timing belt set chain tensioner idler guide rail sprocket lifters components rpm Santaquin utah rons precision machine

9.40 each
    95 aspire 5 speed

Comment

What weight of oil you using? Might want to run a 50/50 mix of 5w-30/20 and 1/4 of rislone, if you can afford it auto-rx. Thinner is better, you need it get inside those hlas and clean them out so they'll pump like their suppose to. A syntethic could also be used for a couple oil changes.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Here's a good thread:

Auto-rx fixed mine during summer usage, but they wouldn't work properly on start-up during the winter. So I bit the bullet and bought new ones. But at least I got the other added benefits of auto-rx.

Rockauto.com has them for almost $12 each. So the price you're getting is better.
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Ran a bottle of marvel oil. Still ticking.

Took them out and cleaned them, soaked overnight in gas, clean again,
          O-ring 1 to 10 about 6

1/2 of the lifters still hard to pump. sill ticking but not as bad.

Ordered new ones be here fri (Today)

Got email of another vender says kia/maxda will work and cheaper but already order others here is the link probable has other parts to

This website is for sale! partsdinosaur.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, partsdinosaur.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

going to the lifters and the bellows and tie rod ends if I get time this weekend

These cars are so easy to work on , they remind me of the air cooled VW's
          95 aspire 5 speed

Comment

Working...
          X