no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark

I had my distributer shake loose on me. I didnt loose the bolts the just came loose and the distributer back out a bit loosing contact to the cam. appears it kept getting spark and fried the distributer, control module and computer. i replaced all of em but still no spark. are there any relays or fuses that may run the computer or any that may cause me to loose spark. aftrer replacing the computer i was able to drive the car around the block, i shut down the car and turned it on and off to check timing and make sure it would fire. it did a few times but then the next day just wouldnt start. we tried moving the timing around but appears the car still isnt getting spark. any ideas? any things i should check out? sorry i have been quiet here, i have been working on the car doing upgrades and all. but now she wont run. can any1 give me any ideas on where to check for problems? thanks guys. Joe

check the ground wire on the distributor and the module.

Comment

poss ignition switch problem

we would crank the car and would get spark only when the key was released. they think it may be the switch. i got one for like $4 so im going to check it out. i will check all grounds too.

Comment

wasnt the switch!!

i replaced the switch since i was told it was the switch, but still no spark! anyone know what fuses may run the computer or may cause me too loose spark? i checked the relays and replaced them"the 3 wires on the side of the fire wall near strut tower." however appears it must be under the dash where my problem is. the engine will flip but no spark. what fuse may run this "spark problem?" what color is it and where is it located. does any1 know? im in dire need here, car has been down now for several weeks due to this problem that orriginated when my distributer backed out when the bolts shook loose <-------i know most probably havent seen this happen, but if its possible it will happen to me. i think a ground wire may have fried or a fuse blew. just dont know where to start.

Comment

fuses

There are three fusible links in the engine compartment on the drivers side. It's a brown box with three wire loops. These are the fusible links. One is for the main circuit, but I'd check all three. I'm having a similar problem, but I think my distributor is just fried. Hope this helps.

Comment

Problem rectified finally

Well i fried alot of stuff, I toasted my comp, distributer, control module, and lastly coil. I got the car to fire up last night. Thank God! Im getting ready to plan my mods for early next year and will mural my door jams, and engrave/re-sandblast new images on the windows that i drew-up. I will keep all informed of progress.

Comment

Working...
            X