Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkdan
    Another victim of clever marketing.....
    Hey I resemble that. The spark plugs (Bosch Platinum +4) really changed the way my car ran. It runs much better than those champions that were in there. I also changed the distributor and rotor today. Next I think I will change the wires and oxygen sensor, but that will come a little later.

As for marketing, I did my research before buying them. SO

Comment

The true benefit of the +4's... (not my pic)

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Of course the +4s made your car run better.

ANY new spark plug is going to make your car run better then any wornout spark plug.
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

do not put platinums in any vehicle which didn't come with them from the factory, sure they may run great at first , but over time you may have drivablity problems and an erratic idle down the road which might drive you nuts. because you say they're all new parts they can't malfunction.

YOU WILL BE MY FAVORITE CUSTOMER!

older Mercedes Benz that didn't come with plats for the factory, come in with very interesting complaints from harry homeowner who thought he could do his own tune-up with platinums. we would charge him to change the plugs AND ONE HOUR DIAGNOSIS @ $70/hr :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRY NGK V-Powers never had a problem!

Comment

I've used NGK, Autolite, Champion and they all work just fine. Coundn't tell anydifference between any of them.

Comment

The only car I've found that is really picky are the Mazda rotary's ,,, NGK and Champ Coppers run fine but you've got to be real careful with the correct heat ranges for the leading and trailing plugs.. (and it helps to run an oil mix instead of oil injection)...

Comment

Amen Dan,

Platinum+4 by bosch run what? $6.99 each? Here's a thought, if valve shrouding is such a bad thing in serious hi-po engines what the hell do ya thinks happening with four grounds in the way? The flame propagation has GOT TO SUCK!!! Translation, if the fuel/air mix can't get at the spark easily you will have weird burn patterns and that kills performance. On the other hand, the NGK iridium have an electrode that is only .040" in diameter. I suspect that these little buggers will burn CLEAN and over the long haul pay for themselves. Now, if ya add some boost to the mix those plugs are a no brainer. Anyway, can't see spending $30.00 on spark plugs for my $50.00 festy. So there!

Cheers,
                Chris
                I like ridiculing people who drive Suburbans

Comment

I do want to try the Autolite XP iridiums though.

That's only because for some odd reason my Aspire burns through plugs in under 10k miles.

Coppers, double plats, this brand, that brand. It doesn't matter. In 5k to 10k miles I get misfires. Maybe the iridiums will hold up.......maybe.

But even still, $4 in spark plugs and 10 minutes of my time every 10k miles isn't bad.
                  www.dantheoilman.com
                  Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

lol

i use motorcraft stock bp spark plug in my aspire...even at 21 psi i see no troubles from ignition...motorcraft is built by ngk...i see many truck with over 100 000Miles on odometer with stock (cheap) oem spark plug(no platinum here!) 3.12$ each...

the fastest aspire auto in the world

Comment

Dan, if you are going through plugs that quickly, you have some other problem going on. Are all four cylinders going bad or just one??

Comment

Pretty sure all four.

But we haven't been able to pin point the problem yet.

They're ghost white. Yet, going a heat range colder didn't help at all.

They're not overly dirty.
                        www.dantheoilman.com
                        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
                        X