dead festie... ( >_ < )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead festie... ( >_ < )

my festiva has been r.i.p for about 4 weeks now.. something weird electrically , i've tryed everything checked every thing .. the only thing that makes sense is that the main power relay is bad... i only get 3 volts to the computer and the fuel injectors.. i also get no spark or fuel.. so i was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard the same problem or could tell me where i can find the main power relay where ever it is hidden, my Chilton's repair manual shows the wiring schematic but no locations.. any help would be greatly appreciated considering the price of gas and the fact my fester is one of my favorite cars i have... :?

Where did you get your Chilton's? I was told they never printed one. Thanks.
    Bernie in MA

Comment

funky town , their over stocked...

Comment

Hate to ask about what you may find obvious but I have had similar problems because the battery cables needed cleaning and/or replacing. Once I did that, everything else went away.

Comment

hmm, sounds like a thought... but my engine dose turn over but no ignition fire.. i will check out the cables tho.. thanx

Comment

Just read your post I know it is old but are you still dead...???? let me know I can help you chase it down and if she's dead and your done........remember
            I buy 'em dead........ getitqwik@hotmail.com

Comment

yes my friend your in luck my fester is still dead ,what do you think it is?

Comment

Here is the order to check from Haynes manual...
                1. Fuel Tank Empty
                2. Battery discharged (engine cranks slowly)
                3. Battery terminal connections loose or corroded
                4. Leaking fuel injectors, faulty fuel pump , pressure regulator etc.
                5. Broken or stripped timing belt.
                6. IGNITION COMPONENTS DAMP OR DAMAGED.
                7. Worn faulty or incorrectly gapped plugs.
                8. Broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
                9. Broken loose or diconnected wires at the ignition coils or faulty coils.
                10. DEFECTIVE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR or ECM.

I gave you the list from the book because I am not a certified mechanic. I have however fixed all that I worked on. Now I have had faulty connections at the AIR FLOW or the MAF depending on car(as was pointed out to me in this board people get them confused) cause exactly same problems. I would run all electrical test that had to do with FIRE/SPARK take it from there. Very rarely do TWO parts go out at the same time.
                I buy 'em dead........ getitqwik@hotmail.com

Comment

Hey Takeone51! is it still dead!! jk, kinda. Well I hope there was a happy ending to this thread
                  Last edited by J Daniel Santos; 12-27-2015, 10:22 AM.
                  89 Festiva L Automatic, black ,Bought 6/29/15 ,Not Running!!
                  90 Festiva L Stick , Aqua ,Bought , DD
                  03 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew cab , White,

Comment

Gotta be the Oldest Thread of the Day award.......:-)
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

One of the simplest checks that Haynes overlooked is to check the inertia switch.
                      Any good bump could pop it. Kust make sure the button is pushed down or else no gassie to the enginnie.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-27-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X