electrical? 1990 Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical? 1990 Festiva

OK here's the situation: I just replaced my Alt. and belt... prob is that when i turn on the headlights nothing happens i just hear ticking under the hood behind the passenger headlight by the air cleaning system. Another prob is that one of the i believe to be relay wires just behind the battery starts cooking (smoking) quick. Is there a short somewhere else? Also, prior to replacing bad alt. headlights worked. any advice or guidance would be appreciated... :?

check your headlight relay, its located behind the the air filter box, you cant really see it unless you remove the box completely .. i had a similar problem..

Comment

The ticking is the headlight relay if it has one...more probably you have halogen filled bulbs that are heating up initial load and hopefully you did not put your paws on the actual bulb. and the fuselink that is burning is about to fry from the load. Replace headlight relay AND the BROWN FUSELINK that is for the headlights, replace it with EXACT COLOR FUSELINK!!!!!!!!!! Start car drive around and if it is a junker....I BUY 'EM DEAD!!!! getitqwik@hotmail.com
      I buy 'em dead........ getitqwik@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X