Wiper question-anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper question-anyone else?

When it snows/freezing rain, etc, just wondering if anyone else has this problem. My windshield wipers freeze up and don't work. We figured it out--when that crap gets down into the vents on the hood, it forms a big block of ice and locks up the wipers. So now I have to put this rubber thing across there when we have that kind of weather. Otherwise, it takes hours of blowing the kerosene heater on it to thaw it all out. My brother never had this problem with his, and he gets more wicked weather than what I get. The rubber works fine, but sometimes it's a pain in the butt to put on when it's freezing out.

honestly can say I have never heard of that. But sounds like a good solution.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yeah, the kids named the festi Herbie, so I always say "Herbie's gotta wear his rubber today"

Comment

Is there maybe some drain holes that are stopped up with dirt or leaves??
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Thanks for suggesting that! I'll take a look at that. I was kinda wondering if there should be some drain holes drilled in there somewhere.

Comment

I know for a fact there are drain holes. They must be plugged
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
            X