Runs like crap when its cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs like crap when its cold

I have a 91 with 117000 miles on it. it runs like crap when its cold but will rev up. after it starts to warm up it runs great. did a full tune up. timing looks good. ran a few bottles of injector cleaner through it. still a problem. I now it is some stupid sensor some ware. Thanks for any help.
    Duncan

Anyone?

Comment

ive heard of other cars doing this with i think a temp gauge that measure the outside air but im not to sure but this proplem i know affect alot of types of cars so somebody should know somewhere
      1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
      2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

Possibly a vacuum leak? Check for any broken or disconnected vacuum hoses. Spray carb cleaner around the base of the upper part of the intake and all around the lower intake. If engine speeds up - you have an intake manifold vacuum leak. If that isn't it, it may be the temp sensor in the intake? Not sure if the contacts close or open on rise though. Maybe unplug it & see if engine speeds up. If it doesn't, try jumping the terminals in the plug with wire & see what happens. One way or the other would tell you if that temp sensor is bad (if it is). There is a temp sensor in the radiator too.
        Red '93 GL Auto & A/C
        Silver '89 L 4spd stick, A/C

Comment

My carb'd Festiva always runs poorly when cold.

I just let it warm up for a while and it runs ok. I think it's normal.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
          X