Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i buy new clutch screws for my 93 festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i buy new clutch screws for my 93 festiva?

well my festiova never been changed or nothing so it was extra original and when i went to do the clutch some of my crews died on my and they dont get tight anymopre and was wonderuing where can i buy new screw for my festiva

Huh ? Clutch screws ? Why would you want new rusted ones anyway ?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

IIRC they're grade 8 (metric 10.8 ) M10x1.5mm bolts, maybe 20mm long? 13-20 Lb-ft for installation.
      Last edited by FestYboy; 03-01-2009, 01:27 AM.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

did the bolts strip on you? if so let us know.
        88 mustang 427 stroker garrett t-76 turbo best run 8.86@ 151.56

91 red gl festiva the $50 daily driver <--toast
        WANTED 78-80 FORD FIESTA (PREF GHIA)

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
          well my festiova never been changed or nothing so it was extra original and when i went to do the clutch some of my crews died on my and they dont get tight anymopre and was wonderuing where can i buy new screw for my festiva
          what's actually wrong with the screws/bolts? are they stripped? are the cross-threaded? why won't they tighten up anymore? if you've crossthreaded something you may have a bit more in your hands than just getting new screws/bolts.

it would be good if we could all try to help each other out. it's what's made this a great forum so far. it would be sad to see it it lose its appeal. nobody is perfect.
          1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

wat i ment was were can i buy new screws for my festiva if the old once that go where i connect my breaks are rusty and dont want to work and get tight ... i need new screws.. anyone knows were i can buy/get them

Comment

Can you post a picture of the old screws or where the screws go ? You mean like caliper bolts ?
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I believe he is talking about the 10mm screw on the flared end of the hard line that connects to the soft line. That one rusts up all the time and can be a pain to break loose. In this case you will need some hard line, some skill with a tubing bender and a flaring tool with the appropriate fittings. Or you can post a [WTB] for front brake lines in the [FS] section.

When i remove them i use a vice grip and clamp down on them hard and give them a good fist/palm hit to break them loose. Then you can loosen them up with a 10mm wrench.

Try a pair of vice grips if the bolt end is stripped out too.....to tighten it.
                Last edited by festivaWES; 03-01-2009, 07:27 PM.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                ---------------------------------------------------
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Post a picture if you can. There are many different screws and we are just guessing at what you need.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                  BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                  BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                  New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

^^ agreed!
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

k ill get one in a few hours!

Comment

Go to any old line auto parts store. Most carry the "Dorman" line of automotive fasteners. Sometimes the orange colored drawers are built into the face of the counter.
                        I never failed to find just what I need in high-strength bolts studs etc. And you don't have to buy a bubble pack of "assorted" or over-quantity. What's unfortunate is, many of the older parts stores have given in to the McAuto Parts chains.

Comment

Working...
                        X