Not Again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Again!!!

Fellow festiva-ers(?) its happening again! @#$%ing carb is gimping up BAD! Here's the deal- its been running GREAT! i.e, Averaging 44 mpg and a max of 51 mpg. So far so good! However, I've been topping off everyday since Rita was coming and as of the last top off the car started running like crap. If the revs are high (3000+) everything is pretty cool but put 'er in 5th at 55 (2200) and try to hold the throttle steady or get into the secondary and the car starts bucking like a horse! So, I've got two scenarios...

1) The kid I bought the car from wrecked it and never replaced the drives side inner fender well so maybe the wiring harness is getting wet but all the electrics are working fine sooo...???

2) The crap the stations are peddling as gas makes me wonder how much water you can sell to the suckers.

Anyway, I've got new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, and fuel filter so any suggestions?

P.S. When I say the plugs are new I should add that when I pulled them they had a grayish tint on the ceramic. Looks like a bit of oil burning but I knew that. Also the fuel filter is probably 2 weeks old ( Wix brand).

Cheers,

Chris
    I like ridiculing people who drive Suburbans

I wouldn't doubt it's bad gas.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

It's Dead!!!

Well, I followed the standard ops for bad gas. New fuel filter, HEET, check the plugs, etc. Drove it work ('bout 30 miles) missing all the way. I know, but I hoped it would clear out. Anyway, got home and fiddled some more and go for a little ride and its missing WORSE and... When ever I stop I hear bubbling from the gas tank(hmmmmm...). It dies again and I get her started and head for home ASAP! Get to the place it sits now and it acts like it is out of gas but working the cable gets the acc pump squirting so it has gas so to say. Next check, Spark at the coil. Pull the wire and check, good spark. Also makes noise like it has no compression. i.e., turns over like mad but not so much as a pop or hit. So, now I'm thinking timing belt. Anyone got any input? Need help bad! I'm back to the gas guzzler! Dammit.

Thanks for everyones help in advance,

Chris
      I like ridiculing people who drive Suburbans

Comment

Working...
      X