wiring for horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring for horn

I have a horn in 92 festy that checks out ok but does not have power to it when hooked up in car.Does anyone have the color code wires for horn only from steering column to horn?Any help apprec.Thanks

r u sure its teh + wire and not the ground? it just grounds through the bolt that holds it to the body... also check for corosion on the + connection, my was rather corroded.

if all else fails, check for cont. in the second horn wire (behind the left headlight). as far as i know at least the 91-93L's had this, i don't know about the earlier ones. This was b/c teh LX had dual tone horns...

good luck!
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Check for voltage at the horn as installed on car. If none, check horn relay, if that is okay check for voltage from relay to relay power circuits. If no voltage check from there back to fusebox for power in that circuit. Grounding is important as the skeeters_keeper said and also the horn button itself check for continuity from the relay to the button (while depressed) > This alone is a two cans of beer operation because you need a helper to run this one. . The color of wires need to be traced backwards from the horn to the different positions ie, relay, control module, fuse panel, horn button. Checking for shorts, opens, and
      continuity. Let me know if it blows because.....
      I buy 'em dead........ getitqwik@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X