No announcement yet.

FESTER WON'T START

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops.. I meant the ignition switch.. not the module inside the disty.

89 carb..No radio, horn, fan, a/c, starter, high idle, excessive fuel consumption. messed with the switch and for a while it worked normally.. 2 bumps later same ol same ol. Autozone lists at 143.00 whew!! Sent my buddy to the j/y tomorrow..

Comment

Ooops, I'm wrong. The MAF sensor on Aspires is located on the airbox not in front of the throttle body. Not sure what I was thinking there.

Comment

""No radio, horn, fan, a/c, starter, high idle, excessive fuel consumption. messed with the switch and for a while it worked normally....."" THIS IS AN EXACT PROBLEM!!!! Page 108 Festiva Owners manual~!!!!!! FUSIBLE LINK, probably RED or brown under hood near battery. THESE are your main power source not the fuse panel inside car!!! About 5 dollars,,,,,,not 143.00, quit running after parts DO THE TESTS...CHEAPER THAT WAY and if you get disgusted remember...
        I buy 'em dead........ getitqwik@hotmail.com

Comment

^^You have been pm'ed

Comment

I didn't mean to hijack the thread please continue as my similar problem is solved

Comment

as for the starting problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it runs fine now,,except with an slight miss and some smoking,,,,,,,,,,,,,put a new set of plugs in it when i got it running yesterday. did some investigating on the distributor cap and rotor, and found out it had the wrong rotor button in it,,,,,,,,,believe it or not, it had 1 from a Mitsubishi in it. put the new cap and button in it and it fired right up. found a air flow vane and distributor and fuel pressure regulator in the junk yard, got it all for $55.00,,,,,,,,,,,atleast i'll have it.

Comment

The factory cap and rotor have the Mitsubishi symbol on them. So are you sure you had the wrong one?

What color is the smoke? White or black?

Comment

it was different than the 1 i pulled out,,,,,,,,my old one had just a round bottom where it goes to the distributor, the new one was like a triangle bottom where it slides on the distributor. i have it at the local repair shop now,,,,,,,,,its fuel related, thats what they are telling me now,,,,,,the check engine light is on and they are going to pull the codes out it to find out for sure. they kinda think maybe the smoke is oil buring but it's not really to bad, ran some seafoam through it when i bought it but that should be all gone by now,,,,,,,,i'll let you know,,,,,,,,,,,,just might sell it after i figure whats going on with it.

Comment

starting problem

As to the starting problem, try the fuel regulator. My 90 L+ regularly sits for 2 weeks at a time. Once it didn't start. I figured a fuel problem. Pulled vacuum hose from brake booster, poured a small amount of gasoline in it, held it up a few seconds to let fuel run into fuel intake, replaced line on booster, and started the car. It ran erratically for about a minute then ran OK. I have a parts car & used the fuel regulator off it. Mine has been doing fine since then.

Comment

Working...
                    X