tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt

the top of one of my front wheels is tilting inward causing the inside tread of the tire to wear out in 3 weeks. i have checked for damage or worn out front suspension parts but did not see any. is there a way at home to make the top of the front wheel tilt outward?

:shock:

Check the ball joint again. Check for bent stuff. Make sure all bolts and nuts are tightened up. Check bearings. Check for bent "frame rail" where pivot bolts hold the control arm to the underbody. Check for bent swap bar end.

That's about all I can think of.

If you can't find anything wrong, take it to a shop and maybe you'll get lucky.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

tilt

would an adjustable camber bolt kit work if i did not find any damaged parts or loose parts?

Comment

If there are no loose parts, it's probably a problem with camber.

When I had air suspension on my car, my camber would go from tilting in a bunch, to going out a bunch, so tire wear was REALLY messed up.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

something has to be bent if everything safety guy told you to check wasn't bent check the strut itself make sure that the bolts coming through to the engine bay aren't bent or aren't tightened enough. if they were it could move around the strut and the top of the hub allowing for extra camber. oh yeah and make sure one of the strut bolts isn't missing.
          the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Working...
          X