Cold weather and windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold weather and windows

Well it's that time of year again, and I'm sure most of you(except for you people who live in Arizona and California) have noticed that when the weather gets cold, Festiva windows don't like to roll up and down.
    Weather started cooling off the past few days, not real cold 30°, but the windows are already getting tough. When it gets below 0, they typically don't even budge. Has anyone ever tore into this and figure out why, or better yet, come up with a solution? This is one of my biggest gripes with Festys.

I've had good luck with rolling the window down and spraying white lithium grease into the side window channel guides. I then roll the window up and down a few times to spread the grease evenly. You can also apply some to the track guides behind the door panel. :wink:
    Kevin
    '93 L (BP{T} Sold
    '90 L Plus Sold
    '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

spraying liquid silicone in the rubber window channels is a good idea no matter what time of year and spraying white lithium grease in the center cable channel (easier done when removed)

also check the front lower channel single 10mm nut(or bolt) for tightness and can be used as adjustment for the window.

and check the (2) 10mm bolts that hold the window glass to the regulator( can be done with window almost all the way down) for tightness. if they do not tighten, you can go to KIA dealership and order the same nylon window inserts for a 98 KIA SPORTAGE 4DR POWER REAR WINDOW and maybe the front sportage windows too.

Comment

its old nasty lube in the regulators, along with the window gasket shrinking around the glass. clean out the old lube in the reg, relube it with new white lith, and silicone the glass run (gasket).
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I'll give it a try. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X