check engine light, and my car bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check engine light, and my car bogging down

Like I said in the one post my car is bogging down and not giving me any power when I start out in the morning. Now I drive out of the driveway fine, and stop at the stop sign about 1/2 mile down the road, when I take off is when it drops out and doesn't give me any power.

I think it might be the fuel pump, because when I push on the gas trying to get it to go, I hear this clicking noise from the rear (gas pump).

Today is the first time the check engine light flickered on, I pushed in the clutch reved it fine, and started putting along again and it went away. After I turn the car off and sit at my sisters doing something, and come back out, its seems to run fine back to my apartment, maybe 2 miles away.

Question 1: Is there anyways since the car doesn't hook up to diagnostics I can check what cause the check engine light?

I have a parts car with a good fuel pump in it, but the cover with the 8 screws in the top that accesses the fuel has 3 of the screws rusted solid into it.

Question 2: Can I just pry open the lid, and get the main fuel pump cylinder and replace it with the old one? I noticed it is just plugged in, but I couldn't get the plug off to remove the cylinder by itself on the one with the running problem.

Sorry for all the bad grammar.

bump

bump

Comment

Working...
    X