HELP ME PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME PLEASE!

Okay I posted before and got no response about my engine bogging down and almost stalling when I pushed on the gas, so here is a more direct question.

I think its the fuel pump, but do I have to replace that whole fuel pump assembly( float, down tubes, etc.) or can I just unplug that cylinder in the assembly (the actual pump) and replace it?

I have a Doaner festiva, but the top of the assembly that screws to the tank has all the screws rusted to much to remove(even with penetration stuff).

Help!

take a torch to the rusty screws! JUST KIDDING... :angry4:

You should be able to replace just the electric pump, and not have to do much of anything with the down-tube/float, etc. I would recommend that you also replace the strainer/filter at the same time (falls under the "while you're in there" category).

Without blowing yourself up, I would try to get the old unit out of the donor car, so you can see what you're up against.

Good luck
    Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

just checking

Well I have no problem taking a crowbar and prying it off, I have looked at the running cars pump, and I see how it clips in but not sure how to get it unclipped. I will take out the donners and see whats up.

Logan

Comment

Working...
      X