I need hatch wiring help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need hatch wiring help please

When I bought my car it had a different hatch on it and some of the wires from the cars wiring aren't connected to anything on the hatch. I know one wire (Black with blue stripe) is the rear defrost but I don't see where it connects to anything on the hatch. The hatch has the defroster lines on the glass so there must be somewhere this wire connects.

Also, there is a single light blue wire with a green stripe, any ideas what this is for?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

the light blue i believe is for the hatch wiper moter...

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

Comment

I'll see if I can take a picture of mine later.
      89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

I would greatly appreciate any pics especially of rear defrost

Comment

Bump

Comment

Well, was going to check my Haynes, but there's nothing in the wiring diagrams except for between the fuses and the wiper + defroster switch.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I know, I think I might have to pull the wiper motor out so I can see back there, what a pain in the neck.

Comment

The hatch may have come off of a car that doesnt have the same wiring as your car. Some hatches werent wire for some options. Some have rear wiper , cargo light latch, and rear window defrost wiring, other dont. What year is your car ? Does the color of the hatch match the car ?

sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

my car is an L and the Hatch is a GL with a wiper. Its got the defroster lines on the glass so I guess i was assuming it had defrost.

Comment

The hatch might have defrost. The car may not be wired for it. Mine was an L, and I'm not sure it had any wires other than for the mid level brake.

Comment

I dont understand, you have wire coming from the L body going to the GL hatch but there is no where to hook them up ? That doesnt seem right. If the hatch glass has defrost then there should be a black wire coming from the drivers side of the rear glass, that connects to the blue/blach wire in the hatch. See pics below.

Last edited by freshtiva; 06-17-2009, 11:15 AM.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Its got the wire and the switch for it just the wire is dangling not connected to anything in the hatch and I can't physically see where it would connect to. I think I might borrow the wifes little makeup mirror and take a flashlight and see if I can spy anything up in there before I take the wiper motor out.

Comment

my L has rear defrost and it had tilt steering wheel (til i broke the key) to and it is all orginal

Comment

Well from looking at the pics I guess I don't have defrost after all on the hatch. So I have a GL hatch with a wiper but no defrost, strange. I think what I thought were defrost lines were actually the lamination where they cut It and over lapped it. I'm retarted. Thanks for all your help though.

Comment

That would explain the missing wire. On to the next project.

Comment

Working...
                              X