quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

hay guys, haven't been on in a while, but all is well, and I'm gonna put some rear shocks and mounts on the car, but i have a few small issues, which include that fact that a large piece of rubber fell out of the rear wheel well that was i believe attached to that shock shaft as some sort of bumper, because the other side is still intact (somewhat) either way, that rubber on both sides is starting to go goo-e and break apart, and now that struts seem to make alot of noise, also the back cant' take ANY weight at all and its like sitting on the ground, and since I'm soon hooking up a trailer to it, its not gonna work so well. I've called NAPA and they list a strut and a shock??? they had one in the store (a shock) but would have to order the strut. both were for the back though, not the frunt, because i had him re-check because i know that the front takes struts, but there both for the back, does this make any sense? I'm worried that the "shock" is just the damper, and i need to replace more then that, but maybe the "strut" he has listed it the spring, mount bumper and all that jazz , anyhow, does anyone know where i can get the WHOLE shock assembly, prefferably including springs because as i said my car can't even take two people in the back and it drags so the springs are shot too
    thanks!

Basically, it's struts in the front, shocks in the back. When I replaced mine a couple of years ago, the shock came basically with everything but the spring. Got them off Ebay. You could try FMS for springs, if you really need them, or a pick and pull, or post in the FS/WTB section, I'm sure someone on here has a set they would be willing to part with.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

A Festiva has struts front and back. If your springs are weak Festivamotorsport sells new stock springs as well as lowering springs. The rubber piece you are refering to is probably the bumper/cover that goes over the top of the strut to keep it clean from any road dirt. Most likely once you replace the struts it will be OK.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I stand corrected. Tho, advance auto's website can't decide, they just call them both.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I have a pair of stock rear springs. PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Biglay5150 View Post
            I have a pair of stock rear springs. PM me if interested.
            cool, i'll let you know depending on how things go with Festiva Motor Sports, i've been tring to call there for a ew days now but no one answers the phone, and i've left a message but no one has gotten back to me as of yet so i don't know whats up, if i can get a hold of them, i'm gonna order a full supension replacement front and rear, top to bottom, OEM spec, i want to keep my clearence for snow driven So does anyone know if there still in open at that place or what?

Comment

Just keep trying!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biglay5150 View Post
                Just keep trying!!!!!
                LOL, your right, he called me back yesterday, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X