Manual shifter control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual shifter control

I leaned in my car and supported myself by pushing down on the shift lever. The shift lever popped and went down through the floor. You can pull it back up and it will stay but with some pressure, it will push back down.

Did I break something or is this the way it's supposed to be? If I broke it, what's the easy fix?

It is a common problem with these little cars. The round housing has rubber within it. Attached in two place ( on the sides) the rubber has worn out and broke. I have the same problem on two of mine. You could try and take the assembly out, degrease it real good and use eurathane to glue it back together. How long will this fix last?? I don't know, but it seams like to only way to correct it other than buying another used shifter linkage assembly.

On that note I'm re-doing the exhaust on my blue bomber, and plan to take it out today. I'll take pictures of what i do with it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Well, sounds like I broke it then. I can kinda' visualize how that's made with your description.

I'd like to see how you fix it.

Thanks.

Comment

well my car did the same thing i jsut yanked it up really hard and then made a brige of weld from teh car to teh shifter socked and never had teh prblem again.

Comment

Try to PM Rumnhammer at one time he had made brackets to fix this.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Working...
          X