MAJOR car trouble. help me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAJOR car trouble. help me...

ok. so, the other day, all of a sudden, my car decided that it would pull to the right when i braked. not so much of a huge deal, but i looked and couldnt find anything wrong with the brakes. however, a few days after, it decided that now, under accelleration, it pulls to the left, pretty hard. and as soon as i let off the throttle (i.e. during shifting) it jerks hard to the right, because i need to keep the wheel turned. i've decided that im pretty much done with it, but if anyone has any idea, i'd love to hear it. thanks

First guess, the lower control arm(LCA) sleeve is binding to the bolt holding the control arm to the body.
    Jack up the front and check to see if the left and right wheels move similarly up and down when pressure is applied or if one is harder to push-up than the other!
    Replacement in pairs is best, but PB-Blast them might break then loose!
    Failing that how much do you want for the car?
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

if i cant get it fixed i'd probably take 250. the engine runs smoothly, only like 106k miles. interior is in good shape, and i have a fairly decent stereo.

Comment

theres my left side behind the tire. pretty much same as the other side.

Comment

Looks like what I have to deal with on my project festy! I don't know if I should get new axles or just do the boot kit
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I had the problem with my car shifting to the right when I shifted and I changed the sway bar bushings and it fixed that.... and yours look pretty shot

Comment

mine is pretty shot
              i think imma just sell it for parts. im thinking maybe 400, i might be talked down.

Comment

well.. ive got it figured out. and its not good
                apparently my sway bar has ripped out of the passenger side. its still attached to the bracket, but its no longer attached to the body of the car.

so looks like i have welding to do

Comment

Man I was going to say sway bar!
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
                  X