Pacesetter Shifter bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter Shifter bushings?

I have the pacesetter shifter from fms and i am looking for replacement bushings for the end of it as mine are worn out and sloppy. I am told that they are different than the oem ones. anyone have any ideas where I can find them. also I found a mazda number in the forum somewhere and I had a parts guy call the mazda dealer we deal with and the part number appeared to be for a brake pedal pad... any thoughts.. Thanks
    Tim
    '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
    '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
    '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
    '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
    '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
    '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
    '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
    '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

nylon?

Aren't they just machined out of nylon?
    If you can't get it from Pacesetter, just have it Deckeled out.
    That means duplicated on a pantograph. The cutter is on one side and the tracing bit follows the original on the other side. You move the arm, and they both move together in all directions. The steel end mills will make short work of the plastic. Go with teflon. Less friction. Smoother shifts.

Comment

Figured out my issue, The bushings are fine.. Someone (me) decided along time ago to change the pivot bolts to a 3/8" stainless shoulder instead of the required 10mm shouldered bolt. apparrently the grease i had packed in it gave it the feeling of tightness until the exhaust warmed it and it worked its way out, resulting in the slop. The pivot that is riveted was also getting tight again to I freed it up with some pb blaster and atf. i replaced the bolts, and added Zerk (grease) fittings to the pivots at the shift fork and the shifter. works just fine now, nice and crisp. hopefully i didnt wear the synchros to much. will eventually add a fitting to the riveted pivot, just ran out of them at the moment.
      Tim
      '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
      '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
      '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
      '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
      '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
      '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
      '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
      '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

I don't know what most of your hardware stores have, but when it came time to replace the bushings, I got some brass bushings from the Home Depot here. I couldn't find the exact size. I drilled them out so the shoulder bolt fit snugly, then cut them to the correct length. They seem to do well, and prolly better then anyting plastic. Jst a thought

B
        In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
        God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
        This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

Working...
        X