timing cover interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing cover interchange?

Will the B6 timing covers interchange with the B3s? Mine are busted and im looking for replacements. Thanks
    93 festiva aka "the sexy"
    04 blown GT stang
    99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

as long as they are SOHC 8 valve engines

I am the original

Comment

fantastic, thaks a million!
      93 festiva aka "the sexy"
      04 blown GT stang
      99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

what cars have the appropriate covers?(when I first joined the site I remember reading an involved discussion about all the various motors and their vehicles based upon the B3, B6, B8, etc. design; so perhaps a sticky or two, one about which covers will fit the B3 & from which vehicles, and also a link to that discussion...probably from FMS. com?)

BTW, the timing belt covers on my '91 Festiva 5-speed are heat-distorted; which I've never seen on any other cars I've looked at.(a half dozen or so in the wrecking yard in Eureka, CA)

p. s. The discussion if I remember correctly was fairly detailed, going into problems swapping into a Festiva with each type motor and maybe even transmissions?

p. p. s. Anyone an expert on longevity of timing belts?(at 100,000 miles when changed the factory one[we'd assume since I'm 2nd owner] was visibly/tactile more flexible and worn seeming by a considerable amount than the Asian GATES replacement...)
        Last edited by bobstad; 07-17-2009, 10:06 AM.
        '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
        X