Junk Yard Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Yard Tank

My gas tank was leaking slowly when i got the car, like it was wet around the seam, so i planned on just using it for a while under half a tank, but somehow i ended up getting a hole in the bottom of it and it needed replacing..I could have (should have) gotten a brand new one for $250, but i went for the $25 used wrecking yard one, that turned out to be full of rust..which is extremely hard to get out lol, now i have to keep replacing fuel filters plus my cars running like crap, I have had my tank out of the car, flushed it out with water (bad i know, but id rather water than rust), blown it out with the air hose, wiped it out with a rag, anyone know o anything i can do besides getting another one?

Well I guess I'd try another used tank.

You could try this stuff. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a feeling that I will be when I bring our Midget back to life this winter.

Comment

I used this stuff on my 1969 Ford Ranchero's gas tank:

It does work if you follow the directions.... :wink:
      Kevin
      '93 L (BP{T} Sold
      '90 L Plus Sold
      '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

I tried a liner kit on an Early Bronco tank years ago. Also followed the directions, etc. The crap came off in the tank a couple years later and clogged everything up worse than before.

I'd look for another tank or just buy the new one. Too much of a hassle to be messing with this job more than twice.

Where are you located?

89 L

Comment

I'm in Ontario, Canada..I was thinking some kinda coating would work as long as my tank was dry right?then hopefully it'll just seal all the sh** to the tank in itself?

Comment

I'd get another junkyard tank and be more selective... alternatively you can have a radiator shop hot tank the current tank to get all the rust out and then have it epoxy painted...

Comment

Working...
            X