Fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses

i have a 1992 and i keep blowing my "taillights" fuse what all does that run because at night my dash does not light up where the speedo is. i just put in a new cd player so chould that be the problem why im blowing fuses
    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

keep your cd player off for one night and see if they still blow. your dash lights are all on one fuse...check to make sure its not blown or missing. if the fuse is there and not blown then some of the lights should at least work...never heard of ALL the lights blown...thats definately a fuse problem. as far as the tail lights, you may have a short somewhere. start with the obvious tho....check all fuses and make sure they are all there. if you turn your cd player on and blow fuses then you may have your hot wire or your acc wire connected to another fuse wire that it isnt suposed to be on.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

the only thing i see not working is the parking ligths right now when the fuse gets blown
      1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
      2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

the lights any good?
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

That reminds me of a funny story. My wife used to have a Plymouth Horizon. One day the engine ground strap broke, and it fried just about all the fuses. After I replaced the ground strap and the fuses I started it up, and fried the fuses again. I looked again under the hood and found that there was a group of several wires(maybe 6-8 ) and they got so hot that the insulation melted on all of them and kind of fused all the wires together in a big blob of plastic. So I cut away the melted mess and taped up the wires. After that, nothing ever worked quite right again. Example, with the ignition turned off, the radio normally wouldn't come on(no power). But after the meltdown, you could get the radio to come on(with the key out) by adjusting the dimmer switch.????????????

Comment

Dude i had the same problem, i had a cd player in before and it was fine, i put in my new deck and i lost my lights any time i had it on, i unplugged my deck and it was fine, run your own ground wire from your deck.

Comment

Working...
            X