idle air control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle air control

idle air control sensor i need to know how to remove it from the tb with out breaking it. i cant get one off. thanks

also i have to hold the flap in the maf to get the car to start and stay running and if i open the flap and rev it the car does fine??

Comment

try to unplug it and see if it will idle.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

it wont even start unless it is help open haha il try it

Comment

yeah i tried it. the car stays running for a few seconds and thats it what does that mean?

Comment

idle air control, is not even located on the throttle body its a part of the intake manifold by the fuel filter/brake booster.

Furthermore a festiva won't run with the VAF unplugged. If you have access to another VAF I'd swap it out. Try changing the O2 sensor, and fuel filter. Maybe you have a clogged injector or two.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

then whats the other sensor on the tb? and i am borrowing one from matt tomarra

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                idle air control, is not even located on the throttle body its a part of the intake manifold by the fuel filter/brake booster.

Furthermore a festiva won't run with the VAF unplugged. If you have access to another VAF I'd swap it out. Try changing the O2 sensor, and fuel filter. Maybe you have a clogged injector or two.
                I agree....could also be slight timing problem or crudded rotor/cap or other ignititon component.
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

BE sure to let them know that you're asking questions on the BP not a B3. The idle speed controller in on the throttle body on the BP and I've never removed one.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                  BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                  BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                  New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

yeah my bad i keep forgetting that i have a bp in mine. ok and i have not tried your vaf yet will in the morning. the car is in time had it checked brand new fuel filter injectors are clean had them cleaned by my dad. new cap rotor and wires and plugs. the car only runs if the vaf flap is open like i used a pare of side cuts in it to keep it open to get it to start and stay running so i could get it out of the shop
                    Last edited by hofficergrover; 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

yeah matt that vaf didnt fix any thing haha
                      i got my old harness out and was tracein wires and seen some weird stuff. like the white wire that is the single wire i think for the vaf is like coated in another wire that is black and i traced it and it splits off and the black wire thing turns into a ground and gos into a plug that is nothing but grounds and then all the grounds go to all the other stuff that has grounds and were they ground to the body and so on. also there is a blue wire that does the same thing but goes to something and i dont know what haha but it was blue and does the same stuff as the white one. would any one know what might this like before like why they are coated in the black and go to ground and to the ecu?

Comment

Working...
                      X